OnMilwaukee.com

I love food. And I love Milwaukee. So it's a no-brainer that I love food that's genuinely Milwaukee.

But trying new restaurants and new dishes is tricky since my hubby isn't very adventurous, culinarily speaking, and my kids are, frankly embarrassing when eating out. 

I'm dead serious. My husband, a total meat-and-potatoes kind of guy, is rarely in the mood for anything ethnic or exotic. And the kids ... one of my daughters once ordered a plain chicken sandwich at a place known for exceptional Italian beef hoagies. The other one routinely orders chicken Caesar salads -- without the chicken or dressing. And my boy requests cheeseburgers at my favorite Mexican restaurant. 

Seriously, dude? At least get a taco.

And so I need to live vicariously through others who can dine unhindered by those with stubborn, stunted palates. And for me, one of the best ways to do it is through OnMilwaukee.com's Dining section.

I drool over every article, every picture, every word.

So, as a huge fan of OnMilwaukee.com, I was humbled and honored when Cream City Casseroles was featured last week. 

Ta-dah!!

You can read the article here

As awesome as it was to be featured, it was super cool to meet the reporter, Lori Fredrich. Lo is a total rock star when it comes to Brew Town's best spots to eat and drink. Plus, she has such a way with words! Her articles are smart, witty and fun to read. You can just tell that she loves her job. 

(Oh, how I'd love to be a food writer! Paid to eat great food? Pah-leeze. I'd be so down with that.)

Anyhow, the press was great and the honor was very truly all mine. 

#casserolelove

Comments