A Very Special Gift Order

Since launching Cream City Casseroles last March, I've had the pleasure of meeting many new people and getting to know my customers. Wednesday (Dinner Drop Day) has become my favorite day of the week because I get to see everyone while delivering their meals. 

It's my pleasure to make dinner (sometimes weekly!) for such wonderful people.

It's a very special honor whenever someone orders a casserole as a gift. My casseroles have been given for all occasions, from celebrating birthdays and new babies, to helping people cope with illness or loss. 

Each gift order has a unique story and someone special behind it.

This week, I'm making gift casseroles for an organization that helps support adoptive and foster parents. The casseroles will be given to several very special families who have opened their hearts and homes to children in need.

How many times can I say, 'I love my job,' without sounding like a broken record?

It can't be done. I love my job. I love my job. I LOVE my job.


Want to give a casserole as a gift? Here are some options:

Gift certificates 

Some customers give gift certificates so the recipient can pick his/her own meal and schedule delivery when convenient. Gift certificates come in different denominations and include a letter that describes the gift and a message from the sender (optional). 

Gift certificates are good for 5 years from date issued and unused balances may be used toward future purchases. Unless the purchaser indicates otherwise, gift certificates are sent to the recipient via first class US mail. (A flat rate of $2.75 is added to each gift certificate order to cover shipping costs.) I provide a tracking number to the gift giver so they can check the delivery status on usps.com. Order gift certificates here.

Casserole delivery

Some customers prefer to pick out a casserole (or two) to give to someone. Since I deliver to customers at workplaces and daycare centers (no residential deliveries), some gift givers have me deliver to them (the purchaser) who then deliver the meal to the family themselves. 

If you go this route, it's a good idea to purchase the $7 insulated bag with ice pack too. It keeps everything together, is easy to transport and looks nice too. Or, for $15, select "Make it a Gift," which includes the bag/ice pack, big blue bow and note card. 

I'm happy to deliver the gift to the recipient at their work/daycare center, but it cannot be a surprise. This is to ensure a smooth delivery ... not because I'm a party pooper.

For more information and to order casseroles as gifts, click here. Special request? Let me know via the Contact link and I'll try my best to accommodate. 

Comments