Skip to main content

Donate a Meal

I always brag how Cream City Casseroles customers are the best in the world and once again, you've proved me right.

On any given week, 30-50% of our casseroles are given as gifts. Sometimes it's to celebrate new homes, babies and important milestones. Other times, our meals help people cope with illness, injury or loss.

Your generosity quite simply, is remarkable.

If that weren't enough, several customers have asked about purchasing casseroles to donate to people in need. A warm home-cooked meal does wonders for the body and soul and a hearty casserole can be especially comforting during tough times.

So, based on your suggestion, I'm delighted to offer the option to Donate a Meal.

Customers may select Donate a Meal when ordering on creamcitycasseroles.com to purchase a large casserole for a local nonprofit organization.

Cream City Casseroles works with the nonprofit to select an appropriate casserole and to coordinate delivery. Casseroles are delivered once or twice a month, depending on the number of donations received and the recipient organization's preference. Donors are notified by email when their casserole has been delivered.

Our first recipient organization is Sojourner Family Peace Center.

Sojourner Family Peace Center, a 45-bed shelter for people affected by domestic abuse, strives to ensure the safety of victims of family violence and provide a pathway out of violence for victims and abusers through opportunities to make positive and lasting changes for themselves and their children. familypeacecenter.org

The Donate a Meal recipient organization changes quarterly. You are welcome to nominate a nonprofit for casserole donation.

Thank you for helping support Cream City Casseroles, a small, Milwaukee-proud, mom-owned company. And thank you for being the most thoughtful, generous customers in the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving twins

I recently delivered Cream City Casseroles meals to two families with twins.

One was a gift delivery to welcome two precious little babies into the world. As the new dad gratefully accepted the big bag of oven-ready meals, he was visibly moved by his friends' outpouring of love and support.  
We talked for a few minutes about adjusting to life with newborns, and how life with twins is both an incredible blessing and a huge challenge.
"It gets easier," I assured him. "I know. My twins are now teenagers." 
Relief washed over his face.
"This is hard," he admitted. "Really, hard."
Looking back, I barely remember those first few weeks after my girls were born -- they're just a blur. But I do remember being blissfully happy and scared out of my mind, simultaneously.  

A few weeks ago, I got an email from a mom with toddler twins. She travels a lot for work and inquired about ordering meals to stock the fridge for when she's out of town. A…

Knock, knock ... Dinner's delivered!

When I first launched Cream City Casseroles, I only delivered to customers at their daycare centers and workplaces. My main worry was what to do if a customer wasn't home.

We're delivering food here, people!

But then, a customer had a brilliant suggestion:

"What if I left a cooler on my doorstep? You could put my food in there."

Boom. Genius.

You could've heard my forehead slap across town. Why didn't I think of that?

Well, let me tell you, home delivery has TOTALLY taken off. It's the most popular delivery method BY FAR. And it's so simple.

Here's how home delivery works:

1) You leave out a large cooler with ice pack.
2) I put your order in the cooler.
3) I email you that your dinner was delivered.
4) You come home and heat your dinner in the oven.
5) You eat dinner and FREAKING LOVE IT.
6) You immediately order dinner for next week.
7) You reward yourself with a bubble bath ... using the fancy soap.

Just 7 teeny-tiny steps. How easy is that?


I hav…

Dish Delish: Sweet Summer Bratwurst Casserole

I'm a recipe-aholic. I love perusing cookbooks and foodie websites, looking for new and yummy dishes. Wanting to offer some lighter summer options for the upcoming summer months, I've been looking for casserole recipes that can be prepared in the oven, crock pot or grill. 
Tall order, I know, but it can be done. Especially when brats and sauerkraut are involved.

I came across a recipe that is really good, but didn't make the cut for my summer menu. I liked it a lot, but it was too sweet for my chief taste-tester's palate. (My husband.) Still, I thought it was nice for a change and worth sharing.
Sweet Summer Bratwurst Casserole
6 servings
Ingredients: 1 (32 oz.) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained3 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut in thin slices1 granny smith apple, peeled, cut in thick chunks1 onion, diced1/2 cup apple cider/juice1/4 cup chicken stock2 TB brown sugar2 tsp caraway seeds1 clove garlic, minced1 lb. brats fully cooked1/2 lb. bacon, cooked, crumbled Combi…