Skip to main content

Stay Organized and Eat Well Jan. 17

I don't know about you, but I'm pooped from all the holiday hoopla.

It was fun, but it was exhausting. My house is trashed, I gained 5 lbs. and the kids are bouncing off the walls.

We need structure and we need it NOW.

It's no wonder why every Jan. 1, I vow to be better organized and to eat healthier. I know I'm not alone, which is why I'm hosting a freezer meal party for us to get together and accomplish both goals.

Fresh Starts Freezer Meal Party
Sunday, Jan. 17, 2 p.m.

Naked Egg Rolls
Join me as I kick off the New Year with a fresh approach to meal planning. Let's stress less in 2016 by staying organized and stocking up on healthy, satisfying meals.

Just bring your favorite apron and a large cooler with ice and in 2-3 hours, you'll head home with 10 family-sized, freezer-friendly meals.

MENU
Light, yet satisfying low-cal, low-carb and gluten-free meals, including:
  • Naked Egg Rolls*
  • Whole Herb-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes*
  • Chicken Cacciatore*
  • Taco Soup*
  • Turkey Meatloaf-Stuffed Pepper Rings*
  • Tuscan Chicken Skillet
  • Crock Pot Korean Beef Taco Kit
  • Chicken Spinach & Pesto Pizza with Roma Tomatoes & Feta
  • Crock Pot Beer-Braised Flank Steak*
  • Chicken Saute with Sugar Snap Peas & Asparagus*
* Gluten Free

Each meal serves 4-6 people and is freezer-friendly for up to 3 months. Meals are labeled with ingredient information and heating/cooking instructions.

WHAT TO BRING
  • An apron (optional)
  • Large cooler with ice packs (must fit 10 family-sized meals) Cream City Casseroles insulated totes are available for $7 each. 
WHAT TO EXPECT
We handle all the planning, shopping and the majority of prep work. (The yucky part.) You'll help portion meals, measure ingredients and label/package entrees. (The fun part.)

RSVP 
RSVP required by Jan. 11. Space is limited. Visit our Events page on creamcitycasseroles.com for details and to register. Guest minimum: 10, maximum: 20.  

SUBSTITUTIONS
If there's a meal you don't want, you can double up on something else. Please indicate this in the comments when ordering. Let us know of any substitutions by the RSVP deadline.

CANCELLATION/REFUNDS
If guest minimum is not met, refunds for any RSVPs will be issued immediately. No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 5 days of the event.

LOCATION & PARKING
Freezer meal parties are held at Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin's LilyWorks Kitchen, 505 Northview Rd., Waukesha. Located just south of the Waukesha County Airport. Free parking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving twins

I recently delivered Cream City Casseroles meals to two families with twins.

One was a gift delivery to welcome two precious little babies into the world. As the new dad gratefully accepted the big bag of oven-ready meals, he was visibly moved by his friends' outpouring of love and support.  
We talked for a few minutes about adjusting to life with newborns, and how life with twins is both an incredible blessing and a huge challenge.
"It gets easier," I assured him. "I know. My twins are now teenagers." 
Relief washed over his face.
"This is hard," he admitted. "Really, hard."
Looking back, I barely remember those first few weeks after my girls were born -- they're just a blur. But I do remember being blissfully happy and scared out of my mind, simultaneously.  

A few weeks ago, I got an email from a mom with toddler twins. She travels a lot for work and inquired about ordering meals to stock the fridge for when she's out of town. A…

Knock, knock ... Dinner's delivered!

When I first launched Cream City Casseroles, I only delivered to customers at their daycare centers and workplaces. My main worry was what to do if a customer wasn't home.

We're delivering food here, people!

But then, a customer had a brilliant suggestion:

"What if I left a cooler on my doorstep? You could put my food in there."

Boom. Genius.

You could've heard my forehead slap across town. Why didn't I think of that?

Well, let me tell you, home delivery has TOTALLY taken off. It's the most popular delivery method BY FAR. And it's so simple.

Here's how home delivery works:

1) You leave out a large cooler with ice pack.
2) I put your order in the cooler.
3) I email you that your dinner was delivered.
4) You come home and heat your dinner in the oven.
5) You eat dinner and FREAKING LOVE IT.
6) You immediately order dinner for next week.
7) You reward yourself with a bubble bath ... using the fancy soap.

Just 7 teeny-tiny steps. How easy is that?


I hav…

Dish Delish: Sweet Summer Bratwurst Casserole

I'm a recipe-aholic. I love perusing cookbooks and foodie websites, looking for new and yummy dishes. Wanting to offer some lighter summer options for the upcoming summer months, I've been looking for casserole recipes that can be prepared in the oven, crock pot or grill. 
Tall order, I know, but it can be done. Especially when brats and sauerkraut are involved.

I came across a recipe that is really good, but didn't make the cut for my summer menu. I liked it a lot, but it was too sweet for my chief taste-tester's palate. (My husband.) Still, I thought it was nice for a change and worth sharing.
Sweet Summer Bratwurst Casserole
6 servings
Ingredients: 1 (32 oz.) jar sauerkraut, rinsed and drained3 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut in thin slices1 granny smith apple, peeled, cut in thick chunks1 onion, diced1/2 cup apple cider/juice1/4 cup chicken stock2 TB brown sugar2 tsp caraway seeds1 clove garlic, minced1 lb. brats fully cooked1/2 lb. bacon, cooked, crumbled Combi…