The Big Cheese

You may have noticed that Cream City Casseroles' menu changes from time to time. This is because we have so many wonderful repeat customers and I don't want anyone to get bored. 

It's a delicate balance, I know.

I hate going to a restaurant wanting something specific and then not finding it on the menu. So I welcome your feedback when it comes to the menu. Really. If you love something, let me know. If you're not crazy about something, tell me. We're partners, you know ... partners in getting delicious, home style dinners in your oven. 

All that said, I'm very excited to introduce my new Seven-Cheese Lasagna.
 
Oh, baby!
Start with our very own slow-simmered tomato sauce, seasoned with mild Italian sausage, onions, garlic, Italian spices and a splash of red wine, then lovingly layer it with lasagna pasta and our eye-popping seven-cheese blend. Viola!


The seven cheeses are:
  1. Mozzarella
  2. Provolone
  3. Parmesan
  4. Asiago
  5. Romano
  6. Cottage cheese
  7. Ricotta cheese
This is the cheesiest, gooiest lasagna you'll ever have. Guaranteed. And it's available for a limited time at creamcitycasseroles.com


= = =

Funny story about this lasagna... 

I've been making this lasagna for years for my family and a few years ago, I made it for my father-in-law. He loved it and raved about it for days, then he asked for the recipe. 

The thing is, this recipe exists only in my head, not on paper. And when I began to tell him to add a handful of this, a pinch of that, and to 'eyeball about a cup of mozzarella cheese' he wrinkled his nose. 

"Measurements! I need precise measurements! How many teaspoons of oregano? How many ounces of tomato sauce?" 

You see, I'd forgotten that as a retired chemist, my father-in-law lives by precision. There's no 'eyeballing it' in the chemistry lab -- not unless you want an explosion. And so I had to figure out exactly how much of each ingredient was needed and then wrote down the recipe.

Moral of the story: Never tell a chemist to eyeball it.

Comments