Sing along with me ...
Happy birthday to us, happy birthday to us, happy birthday Cream City Casseroles! Happy birthday to us!
If Cream City Casseroles was a baby, it'd be eating solid food, toddling around on wobbly legs and blowing out a candle on its first birthday cake.
I remember launching the business like it was yesterday. After years of dreaming and months of planning, I rolled live the website, leaned back in my chair and let out a huge exhale.
It was officially Out There.
Starting my own business was, and still is, the scariest and most exciting thing I've ever done. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I am absolutely delighted by how far Cream City Casseroles has come in the past 12 months. Should I name a few highlights from our first year?
- Won the People's Choice Award for the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge.
- Named Business Partner of the Year by Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin.
- Joined FaB Wisconsin.
- Took a refresher business class and met many fellow women business owners/entrepreneurs (a.k.a. my people!) at WWBIC.
- Held our first (of many) freezer meal party.
- Expanded services to offer customer pick-up at Easter Seals in Waukesha.
- Featured on Channel 12 and Fox 6 Studio A.
- Included in Metroparent Magazine's list of 7 Successful Mompreneurs.
- Featured on OnMilwaukee.com.
- Had our first catering job for the Ronald McDonald House.
- Started Donate a Meal option and have to date fed 100+ people in need.
One of the biggest surprises of the year came when I began getting requests for gift deliveries. It's funny, when I started out, I thought the majority of customers would be busy parents and professionals. I had no idea that the gift dinner aspect would soar to 30-50% of my business.
It's so fun delivering meals to people celebrating joyous milestones. It's also truly humbling to deliver meals to people coping with unimaginable illness, injury and loss.
We celebrate with food. We comfort with food. We give food to show we care.
I'm glad Cream City Casseroles makes it easy for people to give food to others.
I'm beyond thankful for our many loyal, repeat customers. Thank you for shopping local. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for ... your orders! Please, keep em coming! I'm so happy cooking for you and your families -- and I hope to continue doing so for a very, very long time!
In celebration of our first anniversary and in appreciation for you choosing to shop local, I'm adding a FREE pan of Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars with every March delivery. It's a sweet treat for you, my sweet customers!